Monday, May 22, 2017

Thing 12 Reflection

     This has been a very good learning experience for me. As I mentioned in my opening communication, I am behind the curve when it comes to technology. I have learned important information for my classroom and my family.


     Setting up a blog is something I will use personally and in my classroom. It is a great way to have students communicate about what they are reading. It makes the process more high interest and it teaches them a cool tool as well.


     I loved the photo portion of my learning. I worked on creating a photo book for the first time. It was a very exciting experience. Students are so visual and this learning will help me enhance visual learning in my classroom.


     Digital citizenship is such an important concept, and I really enjoyed working on the digital citizenship project with the seniors and the seventh grade class. I learned a lot about how to pair students in a meaningful way for learning. It is also exciting that the thinglink projects are available as a resource for middle school teachers in our building.
     The last section I worked on was digital portfolios and this is something I plan to work on next year. I love  thinking about plans for the next year at the end of the school year. It helps mediate all the paperwork and end of year blahs.
     One thing that seemed very complicated to me was what had to be done to actually submit the work. If this could be simplified, it would help. Also without Jen Daly's help, I would not have been successful. Her patience and willingness to answer questions was a big investment in me and my students. I hope we will be able to work together next year as well.


    

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful that you had a partner to work with. That's such a big help. And yes, I agree that the CanvasLMS complicated things this year. I'd hoped it would give us room for more interaction and discussion. That didn't happen. Next year we'll be able to use google classroom. Should be a bit simpler and more familiar for many folks.

    ReplyDelete